Anxiety and Depression Program
Tame Anxiety and Depression and Live Well
The Anxiety and Depression Program is a specialist group-based inpatient program at The Victoria Clinic designed to help people manage symptoms associated with anxiety or depression.
Our approach emphasises the idea that our feelings and behaviour are shaped by the way we think about ourselves and the world.
This program gives you the opportunity to learn skills and get control of your symptoms. This intensive inpatient group focuses on overcoming depression and anxiety and creating a healthy lifestyle for both body and mind.
• Two week inpatient Cognitive Behavioural Therapy based program
• Small group environment (six to eight participants)
• Supportive, experienced clinicians including psychiatrists, psychologists, mental health nurses, exercise physiologists, occupational therapists and dietitians.
You will learn:
• About anxiety and depression
• Anxiety management strategies
• Healthy lifestyle strategies
• Identify unhelpful thoughts and behaviours that perpetuate anxiety and depression then replace them with new ones
• Relaxation, mindfulness and stress reduction techniques
You will need a referral from either your GP or psychiatrist.
The staff will then arrange a time to meet with you and see if we can help, if we think it will be beneficial for you to do the program we will arrange an admission date that is suitable for you.
Please contact Dr Matt Cottrell
Email: Matthew.cottrell @healthscoope.com.au or call 9526 0295 if you have any questions.
- Dr Atima Saxena
The group runs for two weeks, during this time you will be admitted as an inpatient to the hospital.
The Victoria Clinic 324 Malvern Rd, Prahran.
Phone 03 9526 0295
Programs run according to demand. The next program is scheduled to commence on Monday July 2nd 2018.
Following the two week inpatient program it is recommended that clients attend the outpatient program to continue to get support.
The CBT for Anxiety and Depression program (Thursdays) or the Total Wellness Program (Tuesdays) can provide ongoing support for clients after they have completed their inpatient admission.
These groups are run in our outpatient day program at 302 Malvern Road Prahran.