Consumer Consultant Recuitment
Role of the Consumer Consultant:
Applications are invited from highly motivated, enthusiastic consumers. Consumers can be involved in many varying ways, by assisting and advising on the planning, design, delivery and evaluation of the services we provide within Healthscope.
The role of the Consumer Consultant is to help the organisation be responsive to patient, carer and consumer input and needs. The Consumer Consultant will provide advice to the hospitals about partnerships with consumers and carers and help the hospitals to keep a patient-centered approach.
In addition, the role is extremely flexible so commitment can fit in with the time you have free to give.
This position reports to the Quality Manager.
- Consumer or carer who has experience in / with a private mental health hospital
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently and seek advice/assistance appropriately
- Commitment to providing a consumer perspective
- Availability to attend relevant organisation meetings and forums
- Ability to work with diverse groups and individuals – consumers, families and professional staff in a positive manner
- Prior involvement with community based groups and/or as a volunteer
- Experience as a member of a committee
- Understanding of quality management and accreditation
- Quality Committee participation
- Reviewing and developing patient written publications eg: Brochures
- Collecting and reviewing patient feedback
- Involvement in quality improvement projects
- Involvement with staff education relating to patient centered care
- Providing feedback on our Patient Quality and Safety performance
Contact us to express your interest or find out more:
Rachel Palmer – Quality Manager, Rachel.Palmer@healthscope.com.au and 9526 0200