Graduate Nurse Program
The Victoria Clinic
The Victoria Clinic is located in Prahran and has 52 beds offering a range of mental health care services.
We are currently undergoing a redevelopment at the hospital which will see us grow to 115 beds with all new patient rooms to be single rooms. Overall staffing levels will also dramatically increase from the current 120 employees to over 300 staff.
The Victoria Clinic is dedicated to providing comprehensive care to individuals experiencing mental illness, psychological distress or dependency issues. We offer both inpatient and outpatient services. Our multidisciplinary team includes skilled and experienced Art Therapists, Dietician, Exercise Physiologist, Neuropsychologist, Occupational Therapists, Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Registered Nurses and Social Workers. Our team is dedicated to providing quality, patient centred care in a compassionate and confidential environment.
We are seeking individuals who are organised, proactive, resourceful, motivated, compassionate and resilient, to join our Graduate Nurse Program. If this resonates with you, then the opportunity to be part of The Victoria Clinic’s Graduate Nurse Program should not be missed.
The Victoria Clinic’s Graduate Nurse Program offers a supportive and friendly learning environment in which Graduate Nurses are encouraged to develop professionally and personally, through exposure to a broad variety of clinical areas. Our graduate nurse program includes rotation opportunities at The Melbourne Clinic which you can discuss with our Educator during your application process.
In addition to a dedicated Graduate Nurse Program Educators, we provide a comprehensive orientation, a structured mentor program, paid study days and regular tutorials. These will ensure the best start possible for you as a newly registered nurse.
What our Graduate Nurse Program offers:
- Three rotations across various general and specialty areas of The Victoria Clinic and The Melbourne Clinic
- Educator and mentor support
- A comprehensive orientation day
- Five paid study days during the year
- Eligibility for credit towards post graduate studies at Melbourne University upon successful completion of the program
The program requires participants to complete and submit the following tasks throughout the year:
- 11 competencies
- 2 assignments
- 1 presentation
- 1 exam
Shift load/Contracted hours:
The expected rostered hours for Graduate Nurse’s at The Victoria Clinic are 0.8 fortnightly, eight total shifts per fortnight.
We welcome applications from nurses registered in Australia, who are approaching graduation or recently graduated. Before you can commence work, and therefore your graduate program, you will require registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. You can find out more about the registration process at:
The application period is open from the 30th June to 28th July 2021
Please prepare in advance and have the following available when you commence your online application:
- A covering letter outlining:
- The rationale for your application to The Victoria Clinic’s Graduate Nurse Program
- Your clinical areas of interest
- Where applicable details of how you meet the English language requirements for registration. Please attach your test results
- Current CV
- Certified copy of your academic transcript
- A current Working with Children check
- A copy of certified clinical reports (one general and one mental health)
- Two recent clinical referees
- Australian Citizen/Permanent Resident or a valid Visa with current working rights prior to the commencement of the program
Applications that do not contain the above information may not be considered.
For any enquiries contact:
Phone: (03) 9487 4614